Infant Safe Sleep Initiative/ Infant Safe Sleep Public Education Campaign
- Purpose of the campaign
- The need - some basic stats, how NC ranks nationally
- Involvement of interagency advisory group, evidence-based/ research-based (follows AAP guidelines)
- Some history - started in 1994...formerly named the NC BTS Campaign but has expanded, bilingual
- Nationally recognized by National Center for Cultural Competency (Gerogetown University) for... and State Impact Award from National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition
- Funding over the years... DPH, 3 appropriations from NC General Assembly, CJ Foundation, BCBSNC
Main Campaign Message
- Back to sleep positioning
- Smoke free environment
- Clutter-free crib
- Room temp
- You know the rest...
- General/ statewide - hits many people who care for babies in addition to parents and info has changed over the years
- Targeted: counties/ regions with highest rates, African Americans and Latinos, grandparents
- Media - short blurb here: A strong media component raises awareness of...and reaches both prents and grandparents... (link to TV/ radio spots)
- Educational materials - short blurb and link to catelog and/ or order form
- Outreach - describe exhibits, presentations, other things???
Could do a very brief description and link to: HOPES, DPH, NC Child Fatality Task Force, national organizations, business partners - all the things that are currently on our web site.
Last updated: January 2010