As a new mother, it may be very hard for you to get the rest you need
-- especially if you have other children in the house. The baby will also wake
you up, wanting to be fed several times a night.
Don't try to do too much or expect to get much done. Your priority is
taking care of the baby and yourself.
- Try to take short naps during the day, especially when the baby
- Wait at least a week before driving - longer if you feel light-headed,
weak or tired
- Make a habit of going outside (even on cold days) for fresh air
- Walking is a wonderful exercise that can make you feel better.
Start slow and try to work up to 20 to 30 minutes a day
- Avoid heavy work that makes you tired
- Check with your healthcare provider about going back to work